How to get feedback from potential customers for business idea
Vote up
Vote down

How to get feedback from potential customers for business idea

Hi, I have trouble getting feedback from potential customers (who are homeowners). I have shared surveys and also send posts to seek volunteers for audio/video calls for their feedback on my business idea. I shared surveys and posts on Facebook pages, FB groups, as well as next door.

How can I get a better response ratio from potential customers?

Please advise

Regards Suhaib

Asked by:
Suhaib
On: 23/08/2022 16:55

5 answers:

Vote up
Vote down

I am unsure with your startup and my answer might not align your goal. However, I will just based on your concern. Please check these questions:

• Are they aware that they are one of the first users?
  • Do you provide a note that you are asking for their feedback when using the services/idea?
  • How often do you ask a feedback?
  • What is your expect percentage per survey? Can you justify with the number of active vs total users?

Hope this will help on your startup journey.

Answered by:
Ron Oliver
On: 03/09/2022 12:55
Vote up
Vote down

Hi Suhaib, the best way to get feedback from potential customers is to get a product in their hands! Even if it's a very basic MVP, the feedback offered then will be far more valuable than any insights from hypothetical questions. We can connect more on this, if you'd like.

Answered by:
Tom
On: 05/09/2022 10:59
Vote up
Vote down

Indeed, but at this stage, I want to do market research. I can build a landing page. If I have a landing page for that business idea, how do I get their feedback. My problem is their lack of response.

Can you share how do I reach them? What channels should I use, I would like to do some interviews. My potential customers are home owners.

Suhaib

Answered by:
Suhaib
On: 05/09/2022 18:24
Vote up
Vote down

Hi Suhaib, I'm sorry but you are actually doing it the wrong way, when you are asking someone to fill out a survey or any type of forms, most of the time your audience finds it boring at best and likely annoying, you should think of an alternative solution that combines innovative ideas with fun, that way you can collect and mesure your data and move to the next stage of your business.

Answered by:
Marouane
On: 08/09/2022 02:09
Vote up
Vote down

Have you tried offering an incentive like a small amazon voucher? also make it clear that the survey is short and takes 2 minutes for example.

Answered by:
Bassel
On: 13/09/2022 12:18

Have a question of your own?